Get the most out of Figma. Create future-proof layouts and design systems at scale.
This book is a practical guide to Figma, demonstrating how to create layouts that will evolve over time, build design systems at scale, and stay organized and efficient in the process. The author spent a year collecting tips and recommendations for the book, while writing a regular newsletter about Figma.
Every topic is thoroughly researched and explained in-depth, so even experienced designers can learn a few things and save time:
- Learn the power of shapes and Vector Networks.
- Create resizable layouts that adapt to changes.
- Construct Components and Variants based on a few core principles.
- Keep design elements consistent with reusable Styles.
- Use real data in design mockups.
- Export assets and avoid surprises with SVG.
Learn more at figmabook.com
152-page handcrafted PDF and EPUB with over 220 illustrations and screenshots:
Table of Contents
1. GETTING STARTED
- State of Design Tools
- Why Switch to Figma?
- Browser vs. Desktop App
- Color Spaces
2. BASIC ELEMENTS
- Move Tools
- Shape Tools
- Vector Editing Toolset
- Boolean Groups
- Fill, Stroke, and Effects
3. CREATING LAYOUTS
- Tidying Up and Smart Selection
- Groups and Frames
- Layout Grid
- Rulers and Guides
- Auto Layout
4. BUILDING A DESIGN SYSTEM
- Components (Updated with Variants)
- Team Library
- Version History
5. WORKING WITH DATA